Your teeth are an essential part of your body and are needed to perform two crucial activities in life: speaking and eating. As a result, losing teeth can, and often does, result in emotional distress. In one report from International Dental Journal, tooth loss was linked to pain, distress and avoidance of public places. Fortunately, Idlewild Family Dentistry offers dentures in Matthews, North Carolina as a way to regain your confidence, your smile and your quality of life.
Contrary to popular belief, the elderly are not the only people who suffer from missing teeth. In fact, a large percentage of the American population suffers from loss of teeth due to factors other than age- including accidents, illness or cavities. Regardless of the circumstance, this appliance is an affordable and beneficial answer to missing teeth.
Why Choose This Tooth Replacement Option?
Some of the benefits:
- They are cheaper and less invasive than other options, such as dental implants.
- Most dental insurance providers cover some or all of the cost.
- They are natural looking and can even enhance your smile by filling out your lips, cheeks and jawline.
- They are custom fitted and provide a natural feel.
- After a short initial adjustment period, wearers can eat whatever they want.
What is the process?
Choosing the custom fit:
- Our dentist will meet with you to ensure that this is the best cosmetic option for you.
- Then he will make several impressions of your jaw and mouth. These impressions will be used to create a variety of wax or plastic molds.
- You will test out the different molds for the perfect shape and fit before your final fit is created.
- Once the perfect fit is selected, your final fit will be cast and final adjustments will be made to your new smile!
- Adjusting to your new smile will take time. For the first several weeks, the muscles in your tongue and cheeks will adapt to the fit and feel of the appliance. It may be difficult to keep them in place or speak clearly during this time.
- New wearers may experience an increase in saliva flow to the mouth. This is natural and will return to normal after the first few days or weeks.
- Eating may be difficult in the first weeks. During these weeks, eat slowly and take small bites, avoiding hot, hard, sharp and sticky foods.
We are confident that our office can restore your smile with this effective tooth replacement procedure. Call us at (704) 893-0351 or visit our office in Matthews, NC to learn more about this procedure and how it can change the way you look and feel!